Safety, being with and bracing patterns...









 

'Perhaps our misunderstanding of the role of safety is based on an assumption that we think we know what safety means. This assumption needs to be challenged, because there may be an inconsistency between the words we use to describe safety and our bodily feelings of safety.'
- Stephen W. Porges, The Pocket Guide to the Polyvagal Theory: The Transformative Power of Feeling Safe

 

' “What does it mean to be a ‘person with a person’ in Focusing, and in daily life?”

Gendlin Eugene: I  want to start with the most important thing I have to say: The essence of working with another person is to be present as a living being. And that is lucky, because if we had to be smart, or good, or mature, or wise, then we would probably be in trouble. But, what matters is not that. What matters is to be a human being with another human being, to recognize the other person as another being in there.

Even if it is a cat or a bird, if you are trying to help a wounded bird, the first thing you have to know is that there is somebody in there, and that you have to wait for that "person," that being in there, to be in contact with you. That seems to me to be the most important thing.

So, when I sit down with someone, I take my troubles and feelings and I put them over here, on one side, close, because I might need them. I might want to go in there and see something. And I take all the things that I have learnt—client-centered therapy, reflection, focusing, Gestalt, psychoanalytic concepts and everything else (I wish I had even more)—and I put them over here, on my other side, close. Then I am just here, with my eyes, and there is this other being. If they happen to look into my eyes, they will see that I am just a shaky being. I have to tolerate that. They may not look. But if they do, they will see that. They will see the slightly shy, slightly withdrawing, insecure existence that I am, I have learnt that that is O.K. I do not need to be emotionally secure and firmly present. I just need to be present. There are no qualifications for the kind of person I must be. What is wanted for the big therapy process, the big development process is a person who will be present. And so I have gradually become convinced that even I can be that. Even though I have my doubts when I am by myself, in some objective sense I know I am a person.'

 - https://focusing.org/gendlin/docs/gol_2110.html


https://www.functionalsynergy.com/bracing-patterns/


https://www.nataliarachel.com/trauma/the-language-of-touch-working-with-somatic-bracing-patterns

 

Zu Beginn des Posts erstmal Inspiration, die ich jetzt verknüpfe.

Sicherheit ist das erste Thema, dass Stephen Porges in seinen Worten dargestellt hat, dass die geglaubte Sicherheit (kognitiv) eine ganz andere des Körpers sein kann. Interessant oder?

Was der Körper als sicher wertet ist ausschlaggebend, seitdem ich gehe da mit Bewusstsein ran. Neuroception zur Perzeption machen, dafür brauche ich meinen Körper, der mir mit Sensationen klar signalisiert was Sache ist. 

Jetzt mache ich den Sprung zu diesen 'Bracing Patterns' oder Schutzmuster wie ich sie nenne. 

Das sind diese Körperspannungsmuster, die helfen in manchen Situationen 'sich zusammenzuhalten' wörtlich, real. 

Meistens sind diese Schutzmuster sehr unangenehm und können erspürt werden. 

Ein Körper kann lernen, diese Schutzmuster zu wandeln, lernen, dass manches nicht mehr als Gefahr gewertet werden muss, sondern die Vergangenheit vorbei ist und das Jetzt diese Muster nicht mehr braucht. Wie diese Muster gelöst werden können kann über körperzentrierte, kreative Methoden passieren (FSPM, EMDR, Focusing, Somatic Expierencing, körperfokussierte Psychotherapien, Maltherapie, Ausdrucksmalen usw.). 

Das führt mich zu dem Thema des,  wie bin ich mit einem anderen Mensch, Worte von Eugene Gendlin, der mit seinen Worten ganz deutlich ausdrückt, was wir alle sind: Mensch mit unseren Schutzmustern, mit unserer eigenen Weite, Enge, Herausforderungen usw. 

Diese Grundhaltung des Menschseins aufrecht zu halten braucht sehr oftes 'klar halten', innerlich freiräumen, zurückbesinnen. 

Ob es für mich selbst ist oder für andere. 

Wie schnell sind 'Sollte, darf nicht, moralisch verwerflich, muss aber, so war es schon immer, aber alle machen das so, so ist das eben, was sagen die Leute, kann ich doch nicht machen usw.....' als innere Blockade da und machen menschliche Räume kaputt?

Schade oder?

Dabei braucht es einfach nur Mensch-sein, um einen Raum der Sicherheit zu sein und zu schenken. 

Mit all dem was ist einfach zu sein, ob es in mir ist oder mit einem anderen Menschen. 

Diesem Mensch-sein mit all den Facetten einfach nur Raum zu geben, ohne was zu wollen, oder was zu sein, ohne etwas beweisen zu müssen, ohne stark sein zu müssen, usw.

 

Und wie im Focusing, der erste Schritt ist: den Raum zwischen mir und meinem Felt Sense (Körpersensation) frei zu machen, alles was dazwischen ist auf die Seite legen. 

Ist es auch mit diesen Mensch-sein-Räume.

Ich mache alles in mir auf die Seite, um mein Gegenüber einfach nur wahrzunehmen und dem Raum zu geben, darin zu sein, was sein möchte in diesem einem Moment.

Und alles was dann den Raum füllen möchte hatte seinen individuellen Zeitpunkt für diesen Menschen. 

Raum-sein.

Raum-sein-können.

Raum-sein-dürfen.

Raum-sein-wollen.

Erst für mich.

Und daraus auch für andere Menschen.

Von Mensch zu Mensch.


Ich wünsche dir/euch einen schönen Sonntag :)



'Never regret the love you gave anyone, even if it wasn't reciprocated.  Love always comes back  full circle, that love will come back in some  shape or form. Keep putting love out into the universe, cause it's coming back with interest.'


- Boii McCoy



'Just as we heal and evolve through pain and suffering. We can just as powerfully heal and evolve through joy and pleasure.'


- @medicine-mami



'Things can be both immensely difficult and intensely beautiful at the same time. You don't have to hide either side. Remember, the night sky is eerily desolate and also full of everything at once.'


- Victoria Erickson



'So keep taking the steps. Keep asking the questions. Keep facing the things you need to face. You are getting closer every single day, even when it does not feel that way.'


- Bianca Sparacino

 

 

'Die Frage ist nicht, ob es ein Leben nach dem Tod gibt. 

Die Frage ist, ob du vor dem Tod lebendig bist.'

 

- Osho

 

Kommentare